Monday, February 2, 2009

Please don't close my Starbucks!

I have a Starbucks down the road from me. I'm at it right now. The location is fairly small, but the staff is friendly and they have FIVE places (that I know of) to plug a laptop into, which means, I never have to fight for the "good" spot.

The tables are a bit small, and the music is a bit loud, but none of that really matters, because it's an excellent place to get my work done. I always act like a good customer and purchase something when I come in. With a Starbucks card, I also get access to their wireless Internet, which is a good thing, because then I can check my e-mails, and my blog and surf some, even look at the news if I want to.

However, having web access when you're supposed to be working can also be a bad thing. You know why? Because then I can check my e-mails, and my blog and surf some, even look at the news if I want to. You already knew that, didn't you?

Regardless, my discipline is up to me, not the guilty wireless server at my favorite Starbucks, and since I can never seem to get my goals accomplished when I stay home, I hope they don't close this Starbucks. I need it. My books need it. My career needs it.



Just finished: Dirty
Just finished: Playing Easy To Get

No comments: